Monday, April 9, 2012

Mickey Mouse.

So, Riley is two!

I decided on a Mickey Mouse theme, since he insists on watching it daily and singing the 'Hot Dog' song.
This was on a much lower scale than his brother's Lego party.





Even though on a much lower scale, this party was equally as fun to plan.
Dollar tree was a must for this party.
Styrofoam disc painted black= Mickey Mouse!
I learned a valuable lesson here though.
You CANNOT spray paint styrofoam.....it's like acid to it. I just dissolved right in my hands.



These were yummy and easy to make. You MUST use the double stuffed Oreos as the head and only a half of the miniatures for the ears. I used Fondue chocolate to dip it in.

Got to love Etsy. I found these custom bags at Papernook super cheap.




Dollar tree styrofoam again. Aren't they cute? Easy-Peasy.


This is one of my favorite, absolutely easy recipes I found on Nutmeg Nanny.
Cheesecake stuffed Strawberries! Oh my!



Loved the little Mickey Mouse hands for the tongs. Super cute.
Water pitcher with Mickey ice cubes.



I just went simple and made cupcakes. I found the print outs on Etsy and the Mickey Mouse cupcake sprinkles at a local bakery shop.




We had a feast of Hot diggity dogs, chips, and baked beans.





Time to eat!!



Played a few games.



I picked up some paint chips at Home Depot and made a match game with it. I just glued black ones to the back of all the colored ones.






I little coloring.



Some balloon fighting with G-ma.


Amazing what you can do with posterboard. Mickey Mouse toss.


The boys loved this game.


Time for cake!


He looks mesmerized.


Look Mom no hands!




This card sings "Mickey Mouse". He kept opening it over and over.

Lots of Mickey gifts!


Happy Birthday to my precious two year old!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I am planning my little one's 2nd birthday (also Mickey themed!), and I love some of your ideas. I know this party was a couple years ago, but wondered if you remember where you purchased the mickey hands for the tongs, and the ice cube trays for the Mickey ice cubes? Thanks so much - your party turned out super cute! I bet it's hard to believe your little one is 4 now!

Crystal Copeland said...

Jacqueline, so sorry I just saw your question! I got the tongs and the ice cubes (they weren't trays, just the cubes) at the Disney store online. Hope this helps and if it's too late, hope your party turned out great!!